Thursday, December 20, 2012

At the Risk of Encouraging Hoarding...

One day I'm going to get a good camera so I can take clearer pics..
 Until then... 

Save everything–my latest creation was inspired by the leftover scraps of a doily. I kid you not.

 I stared at the gold foil doilies for weeks at the craft store. There was just something which made them call out to me. I knew ideas were sure to pop up.

Cut to last week. I was finally inspired. I used a doily in a project which will be revealed after my friend receives her gift (I just hate to ruin a surprise). There was enough left that I could not bring myself to throw it out. I was sure there was something I could use the scraps for later. If not, I resolved I would throw them out.

A couple of days passed. I looked at the leftover doily and ideas flowed. I cut out a small circle from the pattern. It all came together from there. 

Filling your room with 1980s collectables, like a swimming pool with water, is probably not a great idea. But, if you have a significant enough amount of material left, hang onto it. You never know where it may lead you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment