Monday, January 14, 2013

Sock it to Me

I have the absolute worst dry hands. Then there are my cuticles; they cause panic in manicurists, who seem to wish they could take acid to remove them. The solution is supposed to be a simple "sleep with gloves and a thick moisturizing cream on them."

Finally deciding to take matters into my own hands, I went to buy moisturizing gloves. Ugh, $7.00. Alright, seven dollars is really not too expensive, but I would prefer that for my new guitar fund.

Then it hit me: Socks. I already have plenty on hand. The glove shape seems necessary for fishing for one's keys in the cold, but not so much for sleeping.

Give it a try. You can upcycle a pair of socks you are probably not using anyway, save a few dollars and protect your skin from the weather, especially if you live in a wintery state like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment